Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Celebration of the Little One turing the Big 1!!

What a whirlwind of a weekend!

Josh's parents arrived the Friday before her birthday, and my family arrived that Saturday afternoon. Noelle had so many people eager to love and spoil her. It was so fun having everyone here - but there was one part I did not anticipate...My people-loving child wanted to be a part of the party 24/7. So sleeping was verrrry difficult. Bad naps, a hard time going down for bed, you name it!

On top of that she was battling some sort of illness in the days leading up to the weekend AND appeared to be working on potentially 4 new teeth coming in. Ouch.

So then it was finally party day and the big birthday on Monday. She refused her morning nap, but ended up having a fantastic two and a half hour nap in the middle of the day. I thought it would be perfect! She would be well rested and ready for the festivities.

Wrong.

She was CRANKY and CLINGY.  My normally always happy baby had chosen her big day to be extra crabby. Hey - if you can't be crabby on your birthday, when can you be crabby? She really took that song "it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to..." to heart.

All in all, everyone had a great time, even though the guest of honor wasn't having the best day.

The funniest part was that after everyone left - she couldn't have been happier. She played with her new toys and had an absolute blast!! I think she likes to be a spectator more than she likes to be the center of attention.

I'll have more good pictures from Josh's dad later and will post more - but here are a few fun ones from my camera!!


Welcome to the party!
Backyard set up, complete with posing "G" :)


Festive Faces of Noelle thanks to CC & G!!

Welcoming festive wreath 

Yummy patriotic strawberries!

The singing wasn't so bad...she tolerated it...

The happy baby who hated cake!

Seriously guys, I don't like this!

I don't like the cupcake EITHER!!!

Can I get out now??

The cupcake tasted much better in Mama's arms...


Cutie cupcake face...



She mostly hung on to her outfits from the McCarty's the WHOLE time we opened presents. She really liked the hangers :)


The best part of present opening was that her buddy Ian decided to take his first steps!!! Look at his Mom's face and then Megan to the right cheering him on!! Fantastic!!

Noelle didn't like her new pool from CC and G either. Poor thing!

But Noah thought it was awesome!!


Noelle ended the party by encouraging Ian to walk some more by showing him how she does it :)


We tried so hard to get our chair picture for our 1 year shot...and we failed miserably. She was so cranky during the day and then wouldn't sit still at night!

It was much more fun to stand UP in the chair

Maybe even do some clapping while standing in the chair...

And then of course laughing when we plopped down on our bottom :)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely party! I love seeing all the details, you did a great job carrying out the Memorial Day theme... the many faces of Noelle banner cracks me up. Too bad she was cranky, I have one of those "don't mess with my routine or over stimulate me" babies too, everytime we have company she goes wonky and that's when we want her to be her usual cheerful self the most! Happy birthday sweet Noelle!

    ReplyDelete