Saturday, June 1, 2013

Movin' on up!

You may recall my Goals post of January...where I laid out my goals for the year.

One of those goals was to do something about my job.

I don't talk about my job on here much because...it's just my job. Nothing exciting, nothing much to share. I have worked for the same boss (but not done the same job) since I got out of college 8 years ago. That's pretty rare in this day and age to work for the same employer for so long!!

But 2 weeks ago, I put in my resignation. And this monday - I start a NEW job!

I am very pleased to announce that I am now employed by Marshall Pediatric Therapy!  I will be doing some general office administration for the company and I am so excited about this transition. It's more flexibility for our family and I get to do something so positive that is helpful to so many kids and families in the Lexington area.

I will miss lots of my coworkers at my old job - but I do get to keep in touch with them thanks to some minimal contract work I will do once a week for my old boss. And I am so unbelievably grateful for the steady and dependable job I have had for the last 8 years when the economy was all over the place.

I am also so ready for the next though, and for all the excitement this transition will be!  Pray for me - I haven't had a new job in a LONG time!! I hope they like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment