Monday, May 20, 2013

Walking is fun!

Noelle took her first steps this Sunday, May 19!

She had woken up from her nap and was a little fussy. We had some snacks and then I decided to play on the floor with her. I had her standing up while I sat on the floor and made her "dance" while holding her arms/hands. Then I decided to let go to see if she would just take a step or two into my arms. I was so excited when she did - and my excitement made her think it was really fun. So we kept doing it and I kept putting her further away.

Here's the fun that Josh captured when he came home about 15 minutes later:



She is not what I would call officially "walking" - but she is definitely taking steps when she feels like it. Crawling is still her preferred mode of movement. 

All in all, it was a very fun afternoon and I can't wait to see this little girl really take off with her new skill!!

1 comment: