Friday, May 24, 2013

Pictureless Friday - When it gets crazy.

Sorry Friends...

No Picture Friday. But let me just tell you - we are on the verge of a slew of pictures because of the big birthday up ahead. So we'll get there, I promise.

This week Friday just snuck up on me!  In fact, I partly forgot it was actually Friday today!

Josh was out of town this week, then Noelle has had all manner of weird issues that have gotten us out of whack.

It started on Tuesday night. She decided to have one of her "episodes" in the middle of the night...she picked 11pm that evening...where she wakes up for unknown reasons and is tired, but not tired, and is restless and agitated for approximately 2 hours, before she decides to go back to sleep. 

Well, I obviously let her sleep as long as she liked after her losing 2 hours in the middle of the night, only to horrifically find her in a crib full of vomit Wednesday morning. She didn't seem too upset about it, but I was horrified that I didn't know my baby had gotten sick in the middle of the night.  I wasn't sure what could have happened, since she hasn't gotten sick in her sleep since November (and that was due to too much mucus with a cold).

Then after she breastfed that morning, she surprised me with returning it all back to me just an hour later.  So I completely rearranged my schedule on Wednesday because I was sure I had a baby with a stomach bug. Well, she didn't eat much that day, but she didn't vomit again at all. She took MAJOR naps though, which I thought was because she wasn't feeling well.

And then Wednesday night she decided that she really was done sleeping at 3am...she took a little cat nap at 5am, but was ready to start the day by 6am. I was so thrilled to have another night of messed up sleep.

Don't I have an almost 1 year old? Not a 1 MONTH old?!?!

Thursday was a fabulously normal day, and I was even able to make up my missed work hours on Wednesday.  But still she decided to disturb Mama's sleep and to be awake from 1am until 3:30am. And I had to be at work at 8am today.

So, I'm pretty out of it...and then she proceeded to get sick again with her Daddy this morning.

These are truly the joys of having an infant who can't tell you what is wrong.

Possible scenarios include:
(a) a virus
(b) too much mucus from a cold screwing up her tummy
(c) teething (she has what looks like LOTS of pressure on her top gums, potentially 4 teeth coming in soon)
(d) add to all of that potential stuff, you have developmental milestones which can disturb her sleep

Besides the lack of normal sleep patterns and the vomiting, she is pretty much her normal happy self. So there is no telling what on earth could be happening.

I just hope it doesn't ruin the weekend for all the family coming to celebrate her!!

This concludes the end of my Mama rant for today :) So how are YOU doing? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment