Thursday, January 31, 2013

Going somewhere!

My little munchkin is changing daily. You know its true in the back of your mind, but sometimes you forget and over time you notice the big changes but then realized you missed the tiny changes that happened each day to add up to that big change at the end of the month.

Noelle is in a stage where so much can change IN A DAY. It's incredible to watch!!  She has been so close to crawling for a month or more it feels like. Sometimes we wondered if she was going to be one of those kids that just skipped it entirely and preferred to wait and just walk one day. She has always loved standing WAY more than being on her tummy, so it seemed possible.

Then on her 8 month birthday (Sun Jan 27) she took (what I believe) was the tiniest but very real first crawl. I'm not talking about squiggling around and pseudo army crawling...I'm talking about hands and knees on the ground legit crawl. It was so fast and tiny and I missed capturing it with my phone. Even though I tried very hard, I could not get her to do it again.

Fast forward to tuesday night (Jan 29) and I was getting some laundry put in the dryer while she happily played on the living room floor. I walked back into the living room and saw her on her hands and knees...and then she moved forward! I quickly grabbed my phone to capture it on video, and luckily I captured this:




Sorry for the poor lighting, my loud and excited squeals and her extremely snotty nose. You can also see how frustrated she is that she isn't going as fast as she wants!  It was very exciting to see her do something that she has been trying to do for weeks. 

So then I thought to myself, "Dang, I wonder how long I have left to baby proof the bookshelves in the living room..."

Then Wednesday happened. And Thursday morning this is where we are at...




Can you believe how much can change in just 24 hours?! Looks like being 8 months old is going to be very exciting for little miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment