Monday, January 21, 2013

10 Whole Years!

As of yesterday (January 20th), Josh and I have been officially dating and/or married for TEN WHOLE YEARS.  Where did the time go my friends? I'm stinkin' old. Or rather, I met my spouse darn young!

I remember that day like it was almost yesterday!

It was MLK, Jr. day, and we had the Monday off at school. We had just gone skiing the weekend before with a big group of friends. It was actually my first (and only) time skiing. Our mini dates had been escalating and it was clear that this was headed somewhere.

So we met for lunch at Ramsey's down on High Street. They sat us at the most awkward table. It was a table for 6 in the middle of a room surrounded by tables for 2! I know I felt like the rest of the room was watching our whole lunch, like we were on display or something.

I have no idea what I ordered, probably because I was barely hungry and quite nervous.  I know we had fun and I know it was slightly awkward. But I also know it will be an enjoyable story that I hope our kid(s) and hopefully someday grandkids will love to hear.

Josh started to explain how he felt about me...by using quotes from "Dumb & Dumber" which was quoting "Forrest Gump" - classic.

He basically said, "Every time I'm around you a feel a little bit like Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber when he says to Mary 'I like you a-lot.'"

I'm pretty sure my face was flushed red at that point. He then proceeded to ask me to be his girlfriend, which obviously, I said yes.  And so there has been a "Josh and Abby" ever since.

He's been with me through many highs and lows since then, and no one loves me like he does. I couldn't have asked for a more faithful and caring husband.  Thanks for taking a chance on me Josh Watkins - I'm so grateful to be your wife and I love you. :)

Two tiny youngin's circa March 2003. I think we get better with age :)

1 comment: