Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Crazy Couple of Weeks...

Consider this just a catch up post...

I'm not sure what happened to my quiet summer over the last two weeks, but it just kind of exploded! It probably started around the last week of June. Suddenly there was a huge influx of work, and then Noelle and I got to go on a little "getaway" for the first week of July.

Last year I started working part-time from home and part-time in the office. Since last summer I hadn't truly tried to take advantage of my flexible schedule and this summer seemed like the perfect opportunity. Especially since July 4 landed on a day I normally would have needed to be in the office (and couldn't because the office was closed!)

So off to Marietta we went with the help of Pop-pop and Mala (grandma's new name). I had warned Pop-pop pre-trip that he would have to suffer through multiple rounds of Part of Your World the whole way down to Atlanta. I was NOT wrong sadly. Noelle only napped for about 30 minutes in the car, unlike the normal 1.5-2 hours we get when she is at home in her crib. We arrived safely to Marietta and were ready to listen to something other than Ariel.

During the week I actually worked alot, just from my parent's home instead of my own. I had a random case of hives and was a little uncomfortable so my first few days there weren't filled of pool afternoons as I had hoped. It was great to get to spend time with family and friends though, and eventually I did manage to squeeze in some pool time.

Noelle had a great time, but mostly she fell in love with my parent's new orphan they adopted...a sweet little orange cat named Buddy. Buddy is a girl, and she is a great cat - and Noelle took advantage of that. She managed to only get bitten by Buddy once (and it was Noelle's fault, she just was so excited to see Buddy!) Each morning she would wake up and ask to see Buddy and then start her sweet little meows. Poor Buddy was not a fan of all the attention, but I figure if she REALLY didn't want to be found by Noelle that she should try to find a better hiding spot. Instead she went to the same spot every time in the basement, and Noelle always knew exactly where to look.

After our adventures in Marietta we came back to Lexington and I went straight to a rehearsal dinner party for our friends who were getting married the next day. That next day was also my birthday! So I had a really long day at work and then quickly got ready for the wedding. Mostly at the wedding I tried to keep an antsy 2 year old occupied during the ceremony and then I chased her around the party at the reception. Josh was in the wedding party, so mostly I was flying solo (respect to the single parents out there!)

Needless to say, I was exhausted having turned 31 and slept well that night. Mom (aka Mala) had stayed a few days to help me out so I could get more done at work since there was so much to do. In between work sessions, she and I went with Noelle and did a little post birthday shopping. Normally shopping with Mom is the best, but having Noelle makes it a challenge. Mostly one of us is entertaining Noelle and the other is going as fast as we can to finish what we came to do. Oh well. It's only a season, right?!

The rest of this week has been just as busy and crazy! I had such high hopes of having some time to do random blog posts while I was in ATL, but alas, I did zilch.

I always say that summer is nearly over by the time my birthday hits and it is just all a very quick trip downhill from there. So here begins the FAST 2nd half of summer. I think I will sneeze and it will be fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment