Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Rainy Saturday

Usually in the summer rainy days really bum me out. I love the sun and I love being outside - and Noelle loves everything about being outside too. But this Saturday it was rainy and just overall kind of yucky - and it was such a nice change of pace!

I realized just how little it had rained so far this summer, so it was such a relaxing day. Instead of hurrying off to make the most of the sunshine at the pool or the park or something like that, Noelle and I lounged in our pajamas for the first half of the day.  We ate a leisurely breakfast and then snuggled up on the couch to watch the new Tinkerbell movie which just got added to Netflix.

Sadly enough, I was the one who mostly did the watching and Noelle was enthralled with playing with the ipad under the blanket (also known as "tent"). I had downloaded a new app that morning and she just LOVED it. It was a very well spent $1.99 I have to say. For those of you wondering - it was a Daniel Tiger app.  She was literally laughing out loud while playing with it a few times that morning.

We ate a snacky type lunch because we had had a late breakfast and sometime around 1:30 Noelle wanted to play "bed" but she brought along her blanket and pacifiers...so it was pretty clear to me that she was ready for a nap. She had a nap and I was even more lazy on the couch actually getting to enjoy my ipad - which let's face it, really isn't mine.

Around 3 she woke up and we played with some puzzles and then decided to run a few quick errands. We wrapped that up and splurged on some Chick-fil-a for dinner because I have been craving their cobb salad since before my birthday. If you are still thinking about a salad for 2 weeks, it is time to cave and just go eat it!

After dinner it was a bath, which she got REALLY mad at when I had to rinse her hair, and to recover after that traumatizing experience she requested some Ariel. I obliged and she got about 15 minutes of The Little Mermaid in before it was time for books and bed.

She is getting so funny at really "experiencing" a movie as she is watching it. She does the hand motions, the body language, all the movement of her favorite parts as if she is the character. I tried to capture some of it last night but it was pretty dark in our living room. I used instagram to try and lighten it up so you can see a small clip on there. I made a longer one and put it on youtube and it is below! It is so very cute in person, and if you watch that part of the actual movie on youtube you can see what she is doing during the "burn" and "above"! For reference you can watch the youtube clip of Part of Your World. Josh and I will be working hard to capture her rendition of Let it Go. It is awesome!






It was such a quiet Saturday and it was just what Noelle and I needed after a very busy couple of weeks!  Not sure if it was rainy by you, but hope you made the most of your day too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment