Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cuter by the second!

Noelle does something unbelievably cute every day I think. Probably much more than once a day, but at least each day it seems to be something new and cute that she hasn't done before.

I think her official first sentence is "I got you!" Mostly from playing lots and lots of games of trying to catch her.

She is recently obsessed with carrying her blanket around and trying to wear it. I think this is partly my fault since I am almost always sitting or walking around with a blanket, and also the fact that she likes to pretend it is a dress.

Being coy and snuggly

Just surveying the yard with her blanket.
She likes to dress up in other things too - like the poncho! She thought it was so fun to wear it, and even started calling it a "tent" at one point.

Ponchos are cheap fun!

Everything looks pink...

Mama, how does this work?!

Poncho model in the making

She also is so very attached to all her stuffed animals. This past week it was Mr. Peanut ("Peanut") and a baby My Little Pony doll ("Pony"). And for whatever strange reason, she associates them together. So when I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk, she grabbed Pony & Peanut and asked if they could come along. We got some strange looks along the way, but she was happy to have her buddies on the walk with her.

Pony & Peanut

She is mixing up her pronouns now, which is extremely common for toddlers. There is lots of "hold you" when she wants to be picked up. And I just realized she also says "down?" when she wants to get on a chair and also when she wants to get off of it.

She so sweetly will call for me to come play with her or color with her. She make her voice really high & gentle and says, "C'mon Mama, coolioo?" or "C'mon Mama, go play?"  Lately she has even been asking me to dance on occasion which would be so fun if she didn't constantly want me to spin around. Old people get dizzy fast!

And whenever she is looking for something or knows that I am looking for something, she calls out to it. This is something I taught her along the way - though it wasn't intentional. But I LOVE it when she does it. She might know that I am looking for my keys and so she will walk around as if she is searching for them and say "KEY! WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU? Oh KEY?!?" Sometimes she is looking for something on her own, maybe her Ariel doll, and I hear her in her room...."ARIEL! WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU? ... THERE SHE IS!"

2 is turning out to be super cute and I know it is only to get cuter as she adds to her vocabulary and is able to communicate exactly what that precious mind is thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment