Wednesday, March 20, 2013

We Bought some Peace!

As of today, the Watkins family is debt free (minus our mortgage).

Cue the trumpets, fireworks, and general merriment!

It has been a longer journey than we would have liked...but it feels good to have accomplished it!  We took Dave Ramsey's financial peace university back in the spring/summer of 2010.  We had calculated that with hard work and diligence, we could probably be debt free minus the mortgage by early 2012. Then we had a baby on the way in 2011. So it turned into late 2012. Then I cut back on my hours at work because my time with the munchkin was just too valuable and not worth the price of working more. So it became sometime in 2013...

And I am happy to say that thanks to the ole' tax return we killed that student loan debt in the first quarter of 2013!! Yay!!

We aren't die hard Dave Ramsey folks, but I do believe in living as debt free as possible. I hope that we can stay that way for as long as we can, and maybe someday, by some chance, we could actually be totally debt free - mortgage and all. That would REALLY be something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment