Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Slow going!

Well, for the few of these that tune in to the blog to actually read something - sorry it's been slow! Life hasn't been slow, it's actually been really busy. But the really busy means the bloggy part of blogging gets slow!

Work has been super busy (and sadly very frustrating)...the munchkin has been teething/all up in my business for all hours of the day...we've had lots of visitors for the first half of the month...and I've had lots of little projects and things to research along the way.

I don't have too much to say even now - other than that time seems to keep going faster and faster these days.  I feel like I mostly measure time by Noelle. She grows and changes right before your eyes and it makes you realize how quickly time is passing.  It seems like her hair grows suddenly or she learns a new skill to the point where it is a noticeable difference with each passing day.  I don't want to jump ahead of myself, but it seriously feels like I will sneeze and then she will be 1 year old. Sneeze again and watch out - she's two!

I find myself all too often in a "hurry up" and "slow down" frame of mind. On the one hand, I want to "hurry up" so I can see her walk, hear her talk, get to do things with a child that can express herself with more than just crying. And then on the other hand I want to desperately "slow down" during this baby phase and hold on to every little moment of snuggles and each cry where the only thing that will make her feel better is me.

One thing I know is that no matter what stage she is in - I will love it. I was talking to someone recently and they confided in me that whatever stage their kiddos were in - it was their favorite. They loved every age and stage along the way...And that makes me excited - even for the the challenging teenage years we might have! 

So right now I will pick to enjoy it all. The crazy teething, the getting into everything, the snuggles, and all the laughs. And all the while I will look forward to the next day when everything could change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment