Friday, March 1, 2013

Noelle's worst day ever. So far...

Well...if you looked at my 9 month update post you will have seen that as of February 27, 2013 there were still NO TEETH.

That changed on February 28, 2013... 9 months and 1 day was how long it took for the first tooth to break through!

Now, this was no awesome day - exciting as it may sound (hope you can pick up on the sarcasm.) Noelle had been having some rough nights this week, but nothing extreme. And then on Wednesday she started pooping constantly. She wasn't ill, she was just pooping all the time. Very uncharacteristic of her. And she was cranky - even more uncharacteristic. And then she got the worst diaper rash I have ever seen on her. Since we use cloth diapers 85% of the time rashes are very uncommon for us.

I was so fortunate to have my mom in town, because honestly without her I think I might have slightly lost my mind. Noelle was so needy and so not like herself - and the diaper changes were constant and very upsetting because my poor baby was wailing in pain (and she never does that.)

Well around 5pm it all became worth it - when I decided to check and see if there was any more tooth progress. And lo and behold - I was shocked and delighted to feel a real tooth! I think I let out a pretty loud shout. Then my mom and dad cheered a little too excitedly which made her start crying (even more unlike the "normal" Noelle). The excitement was just all too much after such a challenging day.

Now you can barely see this thing, as it has just reached the surface, but you can definitely feel it. Finally...all the difficulty of the past 2 days actually produced something. It was really neat to know that I had been checking all day, and there had been nothing and then suddenly there was!

So JUST like her Aunt Meagan - she got her first tooth at age 9 months and also got a horrible diaper rash to go with it. Gee, thanks Aunt Meagan. Can you pass down something a little more pleasant next time?

My mom and I spent most of the day entertaining and distracting a very fussy 9 month old. We probably spent about 1/3 of the day in the bathroom with a naked baby in hopes of drying out the rash and getting some healing happening on that little sore bottom. And I have to say that I am very impressed that Noelle only peed on my mom once.  I got out pee free!

In honor of "Picture Friday" I will post some for your amusement. Please excuse my tired face - it had been a rough couple of days!
Here we are trying to make the best of things...
But this is how we really feel. Tired and worn out.

It's fun to get dry with a hair dryer! Yet another reason to love our hair dryer!
Cutest kid in the whole world!

A rough day to say the least, but we will always remember the day of the first tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment