Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blog Re-vamp!!

Hello everyone! Welcome to "Really Deep Waters" - still me, just a new title and a new look thanks to the very talented and helpful Josh Watkins - www.joshwatkins.com

I changed the title because basically, I can't have a blog all about Noelle for the rest of my life. It would get really weird when she is 15, or if she were to get a sibling...they might feel terribly unloved because Mama's blog was only named after Noelle (no, I'm not pregnant). So, just did a switch up to make it more usable for the long haul.

And I will take this opportunity to explain to you the idea behind "Really Deep Waters" - so exciting, right?!?

One of my favorite chapters in the bible is Isaiah 43. I return to it time and time again...when I need courage, when I need hope, when everything feels difficult, when I need to remember just how much I am loved. It is a constant reminder to me that the bible is living and active - that there is always something new to find in His word. So if you haven't fallen in love with Isaiah 43 yet, I invite you to "dive in" and enjoy it for yourself.

The particular part that  this blog is inspired by is Isaiah 43:1b-2a:

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,

I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown."

No matter what you are going through, Jesus promises to be with you. He's more faithful than we could ever imagine.

The other side of it is that I love mermaids...and mermaids live in the water. I've loved mermaids as long as I can remember, and they just make me feel happy, young, and just a little big magical. As I get older I am remembering more and more of the things that I love and that make me uniquely me. It is so fun to get more and more comfortable in your own skin. I think it is a glorious plus of being in your 30's.

I found this image on pinterest and it is actually some type of print on Etsy, but I saw it and went...YUP, TRUTH.

courtesy of - https://www.etsy.com/shop/blackandtypeshop

So I hope you enjoy the re-vamp. And this doesn't mean I am going to blog ridiculously more, but I'm going to keep up with it just a little bit more. #1 - because I LOVE having something to catalog all the cool stuff that happens along the way (especially with the little nugget) and #2 - because it is a creative outlet for me, which always spurs on the rest of everything else I do.

Let's go find some deep water!

No comments:

Post a Comment