Wednesday, July 29, 2015

National Whatever Day

Ok, so all these "National ______ Day" things are a little out of hand. Every week seems to be some kind of day....sibling day, donut day, pizza day, hug day, etc...

Most of the time I don't participate at all, but today I decided to participate. It is "National Lipstick Day" - silly I know.  But it was an opportunity to talk about my favorite lipsticks!! And I love finding favorites and then trying to make everyone else agree that it is their favorite too. I'm not sure what to call that, but I'm sure it is some type of disorder.

This particular favorite is rather an "obscure" item - which makes me want to talk about it more. Where to begin... ok so, I try to use more natural products whenever I can. I know in general it is a good thing to do. About three years ago I went through a phase where I tried the "no-poo" shampoo craze (look it up, it is a thing) and I tried to eliminate as much unknown ingredients for use on my skin as I could. Then I decided I didn't have enough time or energy to devote to that movement, so I just tried to buy safer products in general.

A little after that my sister discovered the brand BeautyCounter and loved their products. She loved them so much she decided to sell them (mostly so she could get easy access to the products themselves, and not as much for extra income of any sort.)  She got us all to try their stuff and I have been extremely pleased with almost everything that I have tried. You can read more about their products on their website here.

Just this past Christmas my sister gave me one of their lipsticks though (called a Lip Sheer)...and I put it on and I was blown away. I am very picky about lip products...I have dry lips and I don't like anything too bold, but I put on my first swipe of lip sheer and was very impressed. So soft and smooth, wears away nice and evenly, no funky tastes, and is safe for my skin?! WINNER!

If you like super long lasting stuff or super pigmented this isn't for you, but I find those two things difficult to wear and rather uncomfortable. If you are like me and spent most of your life just wearing chapstick and then woke up in your 30's one day and realized your lips don't naturally have enough color for "just chapstick" then this product is for you my friend!

I have 4 beautiful colors now, and I enjoy all of them and look forward to more colors that may arrive in the future! Oh, and the packaging is so very luxurious, which if you didn't know can make you love a product even more!

Look at these beauties...

Oooo, pretty gold packaging! And they feel nice and heavy too :)



Like pretty little maids all in a row.... (anyone get that movie reference?!)

Colors from Left to Right: Twig (like lipstick that looks like you're not wearing lipstick beautifulness); Currant (a bit tawny and perfect for fall/winter weather looks); Coral (pinky spring/summer fanciness); and Rose (classic understated pink)

If you ever get the chance to try one of these babies I highly recommend it. I think you can find a consultant on their website if you want to try any of their stuff (I also swear by the Jasmine Face Oil and the Countertime Cleansing Balm).

And in case you were wondering, my other favorite "lipstick" brands are Fresh (their lip sugars are fantastic too) and Bite (I haven't tried too much from the brand, but what I have tried I really enjoy). Both are also of the sense that things should be natural and safe for use, and considering these items are on your lips and easily ingested, I say that is a pretty good standard to have!

Happy National Lipstick Day to you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment