Thursday, July 9, 2015

Life with Louie: 1 Month

Louie Watkins is officially 1 month old!

Josh and I both talk about how it feels like it went so quickly and yet it has been forever all at the same time. I think that is the general sentiment most people have when reflecting on life with a newborn.

There is so much to treasure about these snuggly days, but we cannot wait to see more of his personality and who he will be in the days ahead.

Here's some fun facts about Louie at one month old:

Louie is most likely a whopping 12 lbs at one month old. He loves to eat...usually every 2-3 hours during the day, and on nights that I am lucky he goes 3-4 hours, but lately his trend has stayed in the 2-3.5 hours during the night. As you can tell by his amazing weight gain, the kid loves to eat.

He tolerates tummy time very well, loves to just lay on his back and look around, and has a tendency to give his sister a few smiles when she comes over to talk to him. He also love to look out our living room window whenever he gets the chance.

He likes car rides and baths (both of which his big sis hated at this age), and my newest discovery is that I think he likes to get out and see the world. I'm going to test that theory this week and see just how right I am, but he tends to do very well when we are out in the world.

He's very strong and loves to jerk his head around and is starting to kick his legs and wants to "stand" on me a lot.  He has not mastered the use of the pacifier but I am convinced we are a few weeks away from him loving it. He has a tendency to go for sucking on his hand, so I'm trying to keep him away from becoming a thumb sucker if I can help it.

Here are some photos of Lou at one month old...what a chunk of hunk! And fun fact...the grover is Josh's from his childhood. It was his favorite and his parents lovingly kept it safe all these years and during my pregnancy they took the time to lovingly and painstakingly clean and restore it just in time for Louie.












1 comment:

  1. Great post Abby.... you guys are doing a great job of trying to parent well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete