Saturday, July 25, 2015

First Stitch Fix!

First of all, I got my first stitch fix 2 days earlier than what I had "scheduled" for - so I was pretty pumped about that! It was a fun surprise to get it a bit early! My stylist's name is Chantal and she did a pretty good job on her first attempt. I had done some pinteresting to try and give her a better sense of my style taste, and I think she took what I posted and understood where I was coming from. She also made sure to make this first fix very versatile in terms of types of clothing. I think I was hoping for more tops only because that is what I am kind of lacking in right now. Don't get me wrong I have more than enough shirts to wear - but not many that make me feel cool and really awesome about myself. My favorite tops from last summer don't fit so great due to the breastfeeding that is happening this summer. Chances are they will fit better next summer - but that's a ways off! There aren't many days right now where I feel compelled to look super nice - but on the random day you want to, you want it to be pretty easy to pick something to wear. Anyway, let's get to what I got!

Here's what I'm keeping:

This chevron wrap shirt was the biggest surprise and biggest win of my fix. I'm not traditionally a huge wrap shirt kind of person...they tend to make me feel old and they also tend to be too revealing for my bust line. However, this shirt was the opposite...the length made it feel so much more comfortable and stylish, and the wrap was not at all revealing. HUGE BONUS - super easy breast feeding access. #WINNING



Although I will probably not wear this shirt frequently until September rolls around, I couldn't bear to pass it up. It is super soft, super wearable, and super cute! I can wear it in the fall, winter, and spring and it's length means I can wear it with leggings too! I'm very very excited about that leggings part. It's also very neutral so I can change it up with different bottoms and accessories easily.



Here's what I'm sending back:

The jeans I am wearing in these photos are amazing. I have never put on such a nice pair of jeans in my life. However - my bottom half is in the state of fluctuation right now. I didn't stop losing weight after having Noelle until about 7-8 months into the game. Louie is not yet 2 months old. At the same time, a few months after I stopped breastfeeding Noelle, I gained a few pounds back and pretty much adjusted to my body's "happy weight". Because I started smaller with Louie, and am already one pound under where I started with him, I don't really know how this is all going to pan out this time. I can fudge weight fluctuation with my shirts pretty easily, but that is harder to do with such PERFECT fitting jeans. Bottom line, if I wasn't in uncertain "fit" territory I would have kept these for sure! They were a great fit, great color and super comfortable.



This cardigan was also very nice. Great quality and color, and very stylish. I'm just not in the market for a cardigan right now, and it isn't anything that I feel I couldn't find somewhere else.


This dress I was very excited about when I saw it come out of the box. Very cute and different from most things I own and have seen these days. There was just something about the fit that didn't thrill me, it just seemed to hang a bit funny on me. It also felt really fancy (I know it doesn't look it, but the quality of the fabric was so great, it just FELT fancier). I don't have many fancy places to go to right now, especially since Josh and I haven't resumed normal date nights yet because of Louie. Even so, for the price of the dress I needed to love it and I didn't LOVE it.



So there you have it!  My first fix. I really enjoyed the whole process of it. I like being surprised, I like shopping in the comfort of my own home, and I like someone sending me stuff that I wouldn't normally never try on in a store. Overall I say "two thumbs up" and I hope to schedule another one to see how Chantal learns and adapts from my initial comments so that she can get even more skilled at suggesting some clothing for me!

If you are interested in trying out your first stitch fix, use my referral link: Sign up for Stitch Fix!
It's true, I get a credit if you sign up and order your first box - which is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment