Sunday, November 13, 2016

Out of My Mind Excited!

I'm SO EXCITED!

Thursday night my best bud Rachel is flying in from Wyoming. As if that wasn't enough, on Friday night and Saturday during the day we are going to a women's conference in Atlanta with some more friends.

It's like early Christmas here for me...BUT BETTER!

I have been looking forward to this for over a month and it is just what the doctor ordered. I have caught a debbie-downer cold from my kids this past week. I wanted to have a wonderful and laid back weekend, but mostly I have used it to just try and get some extra rest. It is very hard for me to rest with my small kids. All my moms with young kids or who have had young kids know what I mean.

Truth be told we are still figuring out how to have fun on the weekends with two small kids. What Josh and I love to do together (go out, have a relaxing meal, maybe explore any events/interesting shops, etc) we cannot really do with our kids. Noelle is fine and quite enjoyable actually at this age, as long as you make it fun for her and engage her in what you are doing. Louie however is impossible. He wants to touch everything and usually break something, and if he doesn't get his way he just screams. He is also a snotty teething mess, so that doesn't help. But he's super cute. I mean ridiculously cute. He just danced and clapped this morning over and over again and we were all about to lose our minds from the cuteness (Noelle included). I wish he could act that way in a restaurant, lol. You can't have it all my friends.

Enough with the challenge of trying to relax with young children - I get to have fun with my friends next weekend!! The angels are rejoicing in heaven with me...and my kids will survive (and hopefully have fun) thanks to Mala and Josh caring for them and entertaining them.

I'm gonna do my hair, wear all the fun makeup I have, and wear clothes that I am not concerned will get a permanent cheeto stain on them. FUN TIMES!

I'm really glad that Thanksgiving happens right after that because I will need something to look forward to after all the fun we'll have! Side note: how is it already almost Thanksgiving?!?!?!

Maybe I'll get a post in about all our fun adventures - let's hope so!!


No comments:

Post a Comment