Sunday, February 15, 2015

26 Weeks and Flying

I know 26 weeks doesn't sound like I am about to have this baby to most people, but it sounds like it to me!!  In 2 weeks I have my glucose test and then I will start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks, which is stinking unbelievable to me.

Just for fun I thought I would do a bump comparison of Noelle around this time and baby brother...let's be honest - I was curious to see the difference myself!

Unfortunately I did the awesome work of not taking a 26 week picture the first time around...I did it every 4 weeks, so I have a 24 week picture and a 28 week picture.

So here I am at those two markers in 2012....

Noelle - 24 weeks
Noelle - 28 weeks















Ok, drumroll please....

26 weeks - Baby Brother
Everything seems just a bit rounder in the front with baby brother than it did with Noelle. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my abdominal muscles which have already been stretched once before so they don't have to do quite as much work. I feel very pregnant but don't look hugely pregnant which is a good thing. I can still totally wear my normal winter coat, which while out and about makes me look not pregnant at all. I'll try to take a 28 week picture for a true comparison in a couple weeks, but it is hard to remember to stop and take stock in a 2nd pregnancy!

I do feel like baby brother moves around alot more than Noelle did. Noelle had more big movements and kind of "rolled" around in there. Baby brother gets a bit more kicky and jerky in my opinion. I am curious to see if this will turn into bigger kicks that become painful as he grows. Noelle never gave me a kick or movement that actually hurt me, but I've seen plenty of my friends experience that kind of movement - and oddly enough most of them were pregnant with boys.

We are slowly trying to get the house ready for one more person to be present. We had a great master bedroom re-do which included a more organized closet and just a general "refreshment" of the room. Next in March my mom and dad will come up and get Noelle's big girl room ready and then there will officially be space for baby brother.  

I'm so excited to see him and meet him, and it is also slightly terrifying to imagine life with 2 kids! I am sure that within days to weeks we will forget what life was ever like without him - just like we did with Noelle.

Wish me luck on my glucose test...pray for a tasty flavor of the drink for me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment